Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
admin January 31 2022
If you have naturally curly hair you either hate it or you love it. It’s no secret that curly hair requires a little effort to keep it soft and manageable. Without proper care, it can quickly become dry and frizzy. But proper care between visits to the salon can help keep your hair looking and feeling great. Here are some expert tips to rock healthy curls that always look salon-fresh.
Cut Back on Shampooing
Shampooing your hair is an important step to maintaining clean, healthy hair, but most people don’t need to shampoo nearly as often as they do. Each time you shampoo you strip away natural oils that are vital to the health of your hair, especially if you were blessed with curls. Most people only need to shampoo once or twice per week to keep their hair clean and smelling fresh. When you do shampoo be sure to use a sulfate-free, hydrating formula designed for curly hair.
Ditch the Brush
Curly hair does not fare well with brushing. If it’s dry it will poof up and frizz, and if it’s wet it will break. A wide-toothed comb is a curly gal’s best friend. Use it to detangle your hair after washing, apply your styling products and leave-in conditioner, and then hands-off. You’ll have better-defined curls and less frizz.
Keep It Cool
Hot water, heat styling tools, and blow dryers zap moisture from your coils leaving them damaged, dry, and frizzy. Rinsing your hair with cool water will seal the cuticle to lock in moisture, and opting for no-heat hairstyles will protect your hair from heat-related damage. You shouldn’t go out with wet hair, so if you must blow-dry, apply a thermal protectant and use a diffuser on the lowest setting.
Don’t Skip the Trim
Trimming your hair regularly is one of the most important things you can do to keep your strands healthy, even if you are growing your hair out. It may seem counterintuitive to lop of the ends every 6-8 weeks when your goal is long hair, but by removing the damaged, split ends you prevent breakage that would make your hair take twice as long to grow, not to mention leaving it looking dull and lackluster.
Curly hair doesn’t have to be difficult to manage. With the right cut, the right care, and styling routine, and the right products you can have beautifully soft, manageable curls that you will soon learn to love. Come see the stylists at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio for a trim to get your journey to healthy curls underway. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play to reserve your appointment. We can’t wait to see you at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App