Using The Right Hairbrush Can Make All The Difference
Admin January 31 2023
Everyone seems to have a favorite hairbrush. You know the one you always reach for even though there are five others right beside it. But did you know that certain hairbrushes were designed to do a specific job or work best with a certain hair type? Round brushes, paddle brushes, vented brushes, natural or boar bristles- the choices could be clearer. The hairbrush you choose can make all the difference between a great hair day and a bad hair day. Today we will discuss the different types of hairbrushes to help you choose the right tools to create the hairstyles you want with ease.
The Round Hairbrush
If you’re styling your hair with a blow dryer and the goal is to create the volume you’ll want to reach for a round hairbrush. Choosing a wooden brush with natural bristles will give you a more gentle blowout with smooth sleek results, perfect for straightening your hair. A ceramic brush will heat up with the heat from the blow dryer and works well to create curling iron-style curls without the added step of using a curling iron. Ceramic brushes also work well for straightening. Choose a larger diameter brush for straightening or very loose waves and a smaller diameter for curly styles. Keep in mind that round brushes were designed for styling not detangling, so you’ll need to detangle your tresses before you start. And be careful with very long hair as they have a reputation for getting stuck.
The Paddle Hairbrush
When it comes to detangling your hair or brushing out a sleek, smooth hairstyle nothing compares to the paddle brush. The wide, flat design of the brush allows you to work through a large volume of hair in a shorter amount of time. Paddle brushes are a bit more versatile than round brushes as they can be used for styling as you blow dry as well as detangling, smoothing, and styling dry tresses, but you won’t get the same waves and curls you can create with round barrel brush.
The Vented Hairbrush
Vented brushes are just what they sound like, a hairbrush with vents in the body of the brush. They come in different shapes and sizes in paddle style or round. The purpose of the vents is to allow for much better airflow than a solid brush for a faster blow dry, and less time spent with heat the better for the health of your hair.
Which Bristles To Choose from, Natural or Synthetic
When choosing the right hairbrush there’s more to consider than just the size and shape of the brush. The materials that the hairbrush is made from make a difference as well.
Natural Bristles- These are gentle and provide great separation and lift for fine, thin strands with less breakage. They do an excellent job of evenly distributing your natural oils from root to tip.
Synthetic Bristles- These are made from plastic or nylon and are sturdier and produce less static which makes them a great choice for thick, coarse, or curly hair. The slicker bristles easily glide through touch knots and tangles.
Combination- A combination of both types of bristles makes for a great general-use brush that suits nearly anyone. Look for wider-spaced bristles if your hair is thick, coarse, or curly and denser bristles for finer, thinner hair.
So now you can see that which hairbrush you reach for is more important than you thought it was. Grabbing the wrong brush won’t produce the results you hoped for leaving you frustrated with your hair, whereas the right brush will easily do its job for perfect results every time.
If you still need help choosing the right hairbrush for your hair type and style, the knowledgeable and skilled stylists here at D’Ametri’s can advise you as to the kind of brushes you need. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our convenient online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes, or Google Play to schedule your haircut appointment and try a new style today. Spring is on the way and it’s time for a change. We’ll see you soon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Fall Style Elevation: Exploring Extensions and Hairpieces for Hair Loss Solutions
- Rockin' Back-to-School Hairstyles for the 2023 Fall Semester
- Expert At-Home Skincare Tips for a Radiant Summer Glow
- Hot Hair Color Trends for Summer 2023: Embrace the Hottest Shades
- Discover the Hottest Summer Haircuts Taking Social Media by Storm
- Get Inspired: 7 Trending Summer Bridal Hairstyles for Your Dream Wedding
- Professional Facials Are Essential To Beautiful Skin
- Lash Extensions Define and Enhance Your Eyes For Effortless Beauty
- Beautiful And Easy Hairstyles For Busy Mornings
- You Can Use Hair Color To Brighten Your Complexion- Here's How
- Gorgeous Spring Hair Color Trends You'll Be Dying To Try
- Flaunt Gorgeous Hair This Spring With Hair Extensions
- Get Rid Of Dull Winter Skin With A Rejuvenating Spring Facial
- Get A Fresh Look This Spring With One Of These Trendy Haircuts
- Using The Right Hairbrush Can Make All The Difference
- Are Dirty Styling Tools Causing Your Bad Hair Days?
- A Healthy Scalp Equals Healthy Hair
- Gorgeous Haircuts You'll See Everywhere In 2023
- Winter 2022 Hair Color Forecast
- Easy Updos for the 2022 Holiday Season
- Bangs- The Biggest Fall Hair Trend of 2022
- Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
- Awesome Men's Styles for Autumn 2022
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App