Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
Admin July 29 2022
In mid to late summer back-to-school hairstyles become the focus of students of all ages. The start of a new school year is the perfect time to update your look with a fresh new style to give you a boost of confidence as you head back to the classroom. Here are a few styles that are trending this back-to-school season that you can use for inspiration while perfecting your new look for your first day back. And teachers pay attention! You can take some inspiration from these to give your style a refresh for the new year as well.
Half Up Mixed Braid
If you’re a bit indecisive about your hairstyles, this one’s for you. It’s half up and half down, and it incorporates different styles of braids so that you don’t have to choose just one. You’ll start by parting your hair in the middle. Now take a section on one front side and start a Dutch or French braid at or just above the temple and braid towards your crown. Secure the ends and repeat on the other side. Bring the tails of the two braids together at the crown and begin a five-strand or fishtail braid and braid to the ends.
Crimped Fishtail Braid
The 80s trend of crimped hair is having its day again, and it’s the perfect way to add volume to a gorgeous fishtail braid. Start by crimping all of your hair and then tease the top slightly to create even more lift. Starting at the crown create a loose fishtail braid to the ends. Secure and then gently tug sections as needed to fluff up the braid even more. Curl any loose pieces that fall around your face and hit the end of the braid again with the crimping iron to finish.
Low Ponytail With a Side Braid
This is one of those styles that looks complicated, but it’s not. Start by making a side part and then section off the top front from the part to the top of your ear on the opposite side. Pull the rest of your hair back into a low ponytail and secure it with an elastic. Starting at your part, French or Dutch braid across the top of your head to your ear, and then braid the tails long enough to wrap around the base of the ponytail to hide the elastic. Tuck and pin the ends underneath the ponytail to secure. Change this look up by twisting the top section instead of braiding.
Space Buns and Braids
Two of the hottest hair trends of summer collide in this cute style. Create two French braids up the back of your head from neck to crown and secure them with elastics. Braid two to three small sections of each resulting ponytail. Then twist each ponytail into a cute space bun arranging them so that your tiny braids show.
This is another style that looks incredibly time-consuming, but it only takes minutes to create. Part your hair in the middle and Dutch braid about an inch from your hairline down each side. Braid each side all the way to the ends and then loop and twist the braids into a knot at the base of your head. Pull out a few tendrils around your face and curl to finish the style.
Wavy Half Up Bun
This is a very simple yet super cute style for busy mornings. This works best with naturally wavy hair, but you can fake your waves by braiding damp hair before you go to bed. You’ll simply twist the top half of your hair into a loose, slightly messy bun at the crown of your head and let the rest of your waves flow. If you have a little more time you can braid a couple of small sections in the front before putting up the bun to add a little interesting detail.
This is another fun style that you can create in only minutes, so perfect when you’re running a little short on time. It starts with a basic ponytail. Make it as high or low as you want. Spritz with texturizing spray and lightly backcomb to create some volume. Smooth the outer strands and place an elastic about four inches below the one holding the ponytail. Gently tug on the hair in between the elastics to puff it out and form a bubble. Repeat along the length of your ponytail and you’re done. Add some fun pops of color by using bright hair ties or scrunchies to secure each section or tie a ribbon around each elastic.
Start your school year off right with a fresh cut and color to create the perfect canvas for all of the styles you want to try this year. The talented stylists at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio will create a custom look for you that will absolutely wow all of your classmates. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play to book your appointment today and have your best back-to-school hair experience ever. We’ll see you soon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App