Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
admin August 31 2020
Now that we’ve gone over the hottest hair color highlights of the summer, it’s important that you maintain that vibrant color as long as possible. Summertime tends to be the time when it’s especially difficult to keep your color looking radiant because of all the summer elements – the harsh UV rays from our elevation, chlorine, lake water, and other environmental factors.
Here are some easy things you can do between your hair color treatments to ensure your hair remains shiny, supple, and healthy without fading that hair color too quickly.
Use Aveda Hair Care Products. At D’Ametri’s, we use professional Aveda hair care products in our salon, and your hair colorist will recommend the best Aveda products to use for your newly colored hair. It’s important to make sure that your shampoo and conditioner products are specially formulated for color-treated hair. Color Conserve™ Shampoo and Conditioner are plant-infused products that will keep your hair color looking vibrant longer and resist fading. In between washings, use a dry shampoo like Shampure™ – Dry Shampoo to instantly revive your hair and senses. Even styling products can affect how long your color lasts, so be sure to read the label and only use recommended products.
Go longer in between hair washing. When you wash your hair every day, the hot water will strip your hair of its natural oils, causing your hair to dry out and the hair color to fade quicker. This is because hot water and shampoo open up the hair cuticle, allowing your new hair color to escape along with the dirt and excess oils that come out from the cuticle. Typically, you only need to wash your hair 2-3 times a week or even less if you find a good dry shampoo that works for you.
Trim your hair regularly. Split ends and dry hair cause damage to your hair. When you have damaged hair, it has a hard time holding onto its hair color that you’ve worked so hard for. Keep your ends healthy and your hair moisturized with regular trims from your favorite D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio stylist. Your hair will look healthy and supple and your hair color will remain fresher and brighter for longer.
Guard against sun damage. We’re the mile-high city, so you know what the sun can do to your skin. That’s why sunscreen is so important for your skin, and it’s vital for your hair as well. Aveda has a sun care line that protects against sun damage with a sun care UV defense and recovery system. While you’re out enjoying our great summer weather, cover your hair with a trendy scarf or a wide-brimmed hat to offer extra protection to both your hair and skin.
At D’Ametri’s, our hair colorists are experts in achieving the perfect color for you! Keep it vibrant and healthy by taking care of it in between hair color treatments. Get a gorgeous new look while enjoying our natural beauty salon experience. Download our free mobile app, available on iTunes, or Google Play. If apps aren’t your thing, use our convenient online booking tool, visit us at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO, or call 303-274-7838 to book an appointment.
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App