Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
Admin March 27 2022
Spring is here and if you haven’t already done it, you’re probably thinking of lightening your hair in anticipation of summer. But before you ditch your brunette for the first time there are a few things you should know. Here we are going to share with you the most important things you need to consider before deciding to go blonde for the first time.
Consult With Your Colorist
The first step in the process should be a consultation with your colorist. Find a picture of your dream blonde to bring with you so your colorist knows exactly what you want. They will assess the condition of your hair to determine if any pretreatment is necessary to get your hair ready for the bleaching process. Even though hair color formulas are gentler today than they’ve ever been, going lighter always means that there will be some minimal level of damage, so it’s very important to make sure your hair is healthy before you get started.
If you’re only going a couple of shades lighter you may be able to reach your desired color in a single appointment. However, if you are going from a dark brunette to light blonde the process will likely need to be done gradually over time, so you’ll need to be patient. This will allow your hair time to recover between appointments.
Expect to Pay More
Because going blonde can involve multiple steps over several appointments, naturally, the cost is going to be higher than a color that can be achieved in a single session. You’re probably looking at an appointment every 4-6 weeks until your desired color is reached. After that, you’ll need a touchup every 5-10 weeks to bend in new growth, which will add to the cost of being blonde
We’ve already mentioned the need for regular touchups to keep your color looking great, but you’ll also want to invest in some special hair care products to keep your blonde bright and vibrant. A weekly deep conditioning treatment will help keep your strands soft and supple. You’ll also want shampoo and conditioner formulated for blonde hair. These usually contain special purple pigments to keep brassiness at bay.
Now that you have a better idea of what to expect, come see the expert colorists at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio to get started on your journey to the beautiful blonde hair you’ve been dreaming of. We’ll develop a personalized plan to lighten your hair while keeping it healthy and strong. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play to book your appointment today. You’ll find our salon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App