Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
Admin September 30 2021
If you're like most people you rarely give much thought to your hairbrush. It's such a common and simple styling tool that it's easy to forget about. But the fact is that your hair and your brush have quite an intimate relationship, and if your brush isn't your hair's type, it's a relationship destined to fail.
This type of brush is great if your hair is thick and coarse and you like a nice smooth and shiny blowout. They also do a wonderful job separating strands to create a bit of volume for fine, limp hair. Natural bristles also do an excellent job of distributing oils along the length of the hair, which is great if your hair tends to be dry.
A great option for those with hair that is prone to frizz or that is thick and/or curly is a synthetic bristle brush. The bristles of these brushes are usually made from nylon or plastic, and they don't tend to cause as much static as natural bristles. This means less frizz and flyaways. The smooth surface of the bristles makes detangling easier as well because of less friction between the bristles in the hair shaft.
If you're not sure what your hair type is or your hair is a mix of a couple of different types then a combination brush might be your best choice. You'll get the superior smoothing natural bristles can provide as well as easy detangling thanks to the synthetic bristles.
Just not sure if you should dump your brush and get a new one? The hair care experts at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio can help. They can assess your hair and discuss the styles you want to achieve and recommend a brush that both you and your hair will be happy with. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our convenient online booking tool, or download our free mobile app, available on iTunes or Google Play to book your appointment today. We’ll see you soon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App