Protect Winter Hair with Care
admin December 15 2018
If you have lived in Colorado for any amount of time, you know just how dry it is in the winter! Between the different elevations, the dry air, and cold weather, it all wreaks havoc on our skin and hair. The combination of cold weather and dry indoor heat causes split ends and hair breakage.
Here are several tips to help your hair stay healthy through the winter months.
Each time you shampoo your hair, you’re also removing natural oils from your scalp. It’s a good idea to skip the shampoo at least 2-3 days per week. You can also try Aveda’s Shampure™ Dry Shampoo & Conditioner to keep your hair looking healthy.
Pump up the Conditioner
Investing in a good moisturizing conditioner is an especially good idea in the winter. The dry air deprives your hair of moisture, causing damage to your hair. You will still want to condition on the days you don’t wash your hair. Aveda’s dry remedy™moisturizing conditioner is a great way to drench dry, brittle hair with intense moisture. If you are interested in a leave-in conditioner to combat fly-away hair, your D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio stylist can recommend the best one for your hair type.
Protect your Hair
Whether the snow is flying or it’s just dreadfully cold and windy out, protect your hair with a lined winter cap or soft winter infinity scarf. It will protect your hair from the cold wind, the strong UV rays, and will help to cut down on the static electricity that causes those fly-aways.
Trim your Hair
Regular trims stop dead ends from traveling up the hair shaft and making your hair look frizzy. Pop into our salon every 4-6 weeks to keep your winter hair looking fresh.
Let our experienced stylists help you battle winter hair and give great winter tips and products that work best for your hair. We carry Aveda products and offer expert treatments in our salon to leave you feeling beautiful every time you visit us.
D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio is a full-service salon with a dedicated team of professionals experienced in the latest techniques to enhance your natural beauty. You can find us 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO or give us a call at 303-274-7838. If you prefer to instantly make your own appointment, use our online booking tool or download our free mobile app. It’s available from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Hot New Hair Trends to Try This Season
- Colors for Your Fall Style
- Easy Back to School Styles for Kids
- Updos for Short Hair
- Hair Extensions for Envious Waves
- Styles to Keep Hair Looking Good
- Make Life Easier with Our Salon Mobile App
- The Latest Hair Trends for Your Big Day
- Try Hair Glossing to Get Your Shine On
- Say So Long to Your Split Ends
- How to Rock a Shag Cut
- Fight Fading for Your Color Treated Hair
- Trendy Hair Colors for Spring
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App
- D’Ametris Promises Wedding Hair & Makeup Success
- Keratin Treatments to Smooth Out the Winter Frizz
- New Hair Colors to Warm up Your Winter
- Experience a New You with Hair Extensions
- Protect Winter Hair with Care