Discover which stylist is the best match for you!
January 29th We officially opened at our TOP200 Salon location
Address:7420 W. 120th AVE
Broomfield, CO 80020
9 miles North off 102th Ave and HWY 287
You're going to LOVE the 1920's Bungalow charm with free parking. Super proud of our team's support and GC's team to restore our property from studs into this amazing Salon in 4 months!!
Visioning summer to fall garden yoga and massage
Excited to see you and your hair!!
Gratitude and health to each and every one of YOU
DAmetris Aveda TEAM!
Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
Admin October 15 2022
How we care for our hair affects its health, appearance, and how it grows. If you want soft, beautiful hair that grows well you have to take good care of it. But your hair care routine doesn’t have to be difficult or complicated. All you need are these simple professional hair care tips to keep your tresses healthy, frizz-free, and growing strong.
Cut Your Hair Regularly
We all know that getting regular trims has a positive effect on the health of our hair, but do you know why? If your hair is damaged you might be able to make it look and feel better with deep conditioning, keratin treatments, or products formulated to repair damaged hair, but the effects of these treatments are only temporary. The only true way to restore your hair to health is to cut away all of the damaged parts of your strands. If you leave damaged brittle ends on your hair simply to preserve the length it will actually slow your hair’s growth due to breakage. If you want your hair to look healthy and grow faster you need to stay on top of damage with regular trims.
Keep Strands Moisturized
Every hair type and texture needs the proper amount of moisture to stay healthy, though some hair types need more than others. Curly hair tends to be the driest and can become very dry and straw-like without proper moisturization. Be sure to consider ingredients carefully when selecting hair care products. Look for a high-quality sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfates are foaming agents added to shampoo to make them form a nice lather, but they also dehydrate your hair and scalp. Try to choose conditioners without short-chain alcohols like propanol and SD alcohol and isopropyl alcohol. These alcohols roughen the cuticle of your hair, pull out moisture, and leave you with dry frizzy locks.
Swap Out Scrunchies and Pillowcases
If you’re like most people you probably don’t give a lot of thought to what materials your scrunchies and pillowcases are made of. If it feels soft on your hands and face it should be fine, right? Well, not exactly. Cotton feels soft on your skin, but it has a textured surface that causes friction with your hair. Cotton is also very absorbent and will soak up the natural oils from your hair. So swap out your cotton pillowcases and hair accessories for silk or satin. The surface of these materials is very smooth and prevents friction that can snag and break your strands, and they won’t rob your hair of its much-needed natural moisture.
Filter Your Shower
If you have hard water or city water you may want to consider installing a filter on your shower. Minerals in hard water and harsh chemicals like chlorine in municipal water supplies can be hard on your hair. If you’ve done all you can to promote a healthy head of hair and your strands are still struggling, your water may be to blame. A filter will remove excess minerals to help your hair care products work better, and it will also remove some of the chemicals that can be damaging to your tresses.
Eat For Hair Health
Everyone knows the old saying that you are what you eat. This is especially true of our hair. Hair is made up almost entirely of protein so including healthy sources of protein is a must for healthy growth. Eat a well-balanced diet of fruits and vegetables and lean protein to make sure you have the vitamins and minerals your hair needs, especially B vitamins like biotin, iron, and healthy hair minerals like zinc. And don’t forget to drink the recommended amount of water daily to help keep your hair hydrated from the inside.
Brushing aggressively is a mistake many people make at the expense of their hair’s health. Taking your time and using a gentle hand with the hairbrush can prevent brushing-related breakage and damage that leads to frizz and split ends. Use a detangling spray when needed and work in small sections starting at the end and working your way up
These simple tips can make a dramatic difference in the long-term health of your hair. The hair care experts here at D’Ametri’s can help you towards your goal of healthy frizz-free tresses with a gorgeous cut, professional treatments, and expert advice on how to meet your hair’s unique hair care needs. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our convenient online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes, or Google Play to schedule your appointment today. We’ll see you soon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Get A Fresh Look This Spring With One Of These Trendy Haircuts
- Using The Right Hairbrush Can Make All The Difference
- Are Dirty Styling Tools Causing Your Bad Hair Days?
- A Healthy Scalp Equals Healthy Hair
- Gorgeous Haircuts You'll See Everywhere In 2023
- Winter 2022 Hair Color Forecast
- Easy Updos for the 2022 Holiday Season
- Bangs- The Biggest Fall Hair Trend of 2022
- Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
- Awesome Men's Styles for Autumn 2022
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App