Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
Admin November 15 2020
In a time where our capacity is limited, it’s not as easy to get into the salon as we’d like. At D’Ametris Hair Color & Design Studio, we are an Aveda concept salon to help keep your hair shiny, healthy, and manageable in our dry, colder weather. However, in addition to regular trims, touch-ups, and professional hair care products, there’s another ingredient to healthy hair – nutrition! A healthy diet and essential nutrients also play a main role in maintaining stunning hair.
Here is a list of a variety of nutrients that are vital in keeping your hair healthy and beautiful.
- Vitamin A - Natural oil production is stimulated by rich sources of Vitamin A in your diet. This natural oil, sebum, is an oily, slightly waxy, substance that is found in the hair and on the skin to keep your hair and skin nourished. When you don’t have enough of this, you can experience dry scalp and skin. Carrots, sweet potatoes, and spinach are great sources of Vitamin A to keep your hair nourished by adding a layer of protection to your hair.
- Vitamin C & E - Vitamin C and E help to protect against damage from free radicals that are found in the environment around you. Vitamin C is a vital element in collagen production which naturally strengthens your hair. Foods rich in these antioxidants, such as nuts, berries, and sweet peppers are all valuable snacks to encourage healthy, strong hair.
- Biotin and Protein - Biotin is a part of the Vitamin B family and aids in preventing hair loss and dry, brittle hair. Proteins are essentially the building blocks to fortifying your hair and making it strong. If you have a deficiency in protein you may experience slowed hair growth, thinning, and over time hair loss. Meat, soy, dairy, and eggs are excellent sources of protein and eggs are the leading source of biotin.
- Essential Fatty Acids – Although the name may not sound very healthy, these are a very important part of healthy hair. Fatty acids bring nutrients to your hair follicles, help to keep your hair moisturized and promote hair growth. Omega 3’s are a part of this family and are extremely beneficial to the health of your hair. Seafood, nuts and seeds, and plant oils such as canola and flax carry the essential fatty acids you need in your diet.
- H2O – Water is so important, especially at our elevation, that it warrants a big mention here. Water is needed for all our bodily functions including hair care. Water promotes hair growth! When you aren’t drinking enough water, your brain sends a signal to your body to converse the water in your body, slowing functions like hair growth. Water is essential to hair, skin, and nail health so don’t forget to drink your water each day!
At D’Ametri’s, our hairstylists are ready to give you a new hairstyle, cut, or hair color for the new season! Download our free mobile app, available on iTunes, or Google Play. If apps aren’t your thing, use our convenient online booking tool, visit us at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO, or call 303-274-7838 to book an appointment.
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App