Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
admin January 30 2021
Between our dry winter air and the constant blow drying to style your hair each morning, your hair can become damaged without you even realizing it. The best thing to do is to allow your hair to air dry in order to protect your hair. Sometimes that can be hard, especially if you are pushing it down to the wire in the morning anyway. However, if you can swing it, air-drying your locks in a manageable, ready-to-go style is easier than you think.
Here’s how to avoid the frizzies of winter while letting your hair dry naturally but with style.
Properly moisturize. The first thing to do is use a high-quality moisturizer. Whether your hair is straight or curly, this is important. Add moisturizer while your hair is damp to seals the strands while leaving your hair smooth and shiny. For best results, do when your hair is damp.
Set your style while wet. Either place your part where you want it or put your hair in braids or up in a bun. Your hair will keep its shape as it dries and your hair will fall naturally. The braids can create gorgeous waves without the heat of styling tools.
Use products to your advantage. You don’t need a lot of products, but using a small amount of a high-quality leave-in conditioner or smoothing serum will control any frizz and will make your hair shiny and smooth.
Just let it be. One of the worst things you can do is keep touching it or use a towel too roughly to dry it. Even without using heat, drying hair needs to be handled delicately. Harsh rubbing, over-brushing, or constantly styling can put stress on your hair which can eventually lead to damage and breakage.
D’Ametris stylists are always on hand to give you luscious, healthy hair. Whether you need some expert care tips or a revitalizing treatment, you can count on us to be there for all your hair needs. Download our free mobile app, available on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon. If apps aren’t your thing, use our convenient online booking tool, visit us at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO or call 303-274-7838 to book an appointment.
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App