Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
Admin May 15 2022
One of the most important things to consider when it comes to hair care is your conditioner. While salon hair treatments can help breathe new life into lackluster locks, the conditioner you use daily helps to maintain the health and appearance of your hair. If you use the wrong conditioner for your hair type it can leave your strands looking frizzy and parched or limp and lifeless. So how do you know which conditioner you should choose?
Thick, Curly, or Coarse Hair
For hair that is thick, curly, or coarse you should look for a moisturizing formula. This hair type tends to be more dry and frizzy than other hair types. Giving it a daily dose of extra moisture will help to soften your strands to make them more manageable.
Fine, Limp, or Thin Hair
If your hair is very fine, limp, or thin you should consider a volumizing conditioner. These formulas are lightweight so that they won't weigh your hair down. This allows for much more volume for a fuller-looking mane.
Damaged or Over Processed Hair
If your hair has been over-processed or damaged in some way you should look for a strengthening conditioner. These formulas contain extra nutrients that nourish the hair to strengthen it from within. This can help repair existing damage as well as prevent breakage that leads to split ends.
Frizz and Flyaways
Smoothing conditioners are great for hair that is prone to lots of frizz and flyaways. These formulas contain extra smoothing agents that coat and seal the cuticle for a sleek smooth appearance.
Whether you have naturally curly or permed hair you should look for conditioners formulated specifically for curly hair. These conditioners are designed to provide maximum curl definition and moisturization. Conditioners for curly hair are also lightweight and don't cause buildup that will stretch out your curls and weigh them down.
If your hair is very dry or damaged, or if you find yourself needing touch-ups between shampoos you may need to add a leaving conditioner to your hair care routine. Leaving conditioner adds a small boost of moisture to help relieve dryness or control frizz when it's needed. Use caution with leave-ins if you have fine or limp hair as they can sometimes leave your strands looking greasy.
Do you need help choosing the right conditioner for your hair type? The hair care experts here at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio will be happy to assist you. We can give your hair an immediate boost with a salon conditioning or smoothing treatment and then recommend products to help keep your hair healthy and properly conditioned between appointments. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play to book your appointment today. You’ll find our salon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- The Magic of Eyelash Extensions: Your Guide to Choosing the Perfect Set
- Hair Toner- The Little-Known Hair Color Miracle You Should Get To Know Better
- New Year, New Vows: Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration for Your 2024 Wedding
- Fresh Start, Fabulous Hair: 2024 Hair Makeover Resolutions
- Winter Hair Woes? Say No More with Salon Botanical Conditioning Treatments
- Get Glam This Holiday Season with Lash Extensions
- Fresh and Fabulous: Top Fall Haircuts You'll Want to Try
- Managing Frizz and Static in Your Hair During Fall Weather
- The Science of Hair: Understanding How Seasonal Changes Affect Your Tresses
- Unlocking Sleek Perfection: The Art of Japanese Hair Straightening
- Fall Style Elevation: Exploring Extensions and Hairpieces for Hair Loss Solutions
- Rockin' Back-to-School Hairstyles for the 2023 Fall Semester
- Expert At-Home Skincare Tips for a Radiant Summer Glow
- Hot Hair Color Trends for Summer 2023: Embrace the Hottest Shades
- Discover the Hottest Summer Haircuts Taking Social Media by Storm
- Get Inspired: 7 Trending Summer Bridal Hairstyles for Your Dream Wedding
- Professional Facials Are Essential To Beautiful Skin
- Lash Extensions Define and Enhance Your Eyes For Effortless Beauty
- Beautiful And Easy Hairstyles For Busy Mornings
- You Can Use Hair Color To Brighten Your Complexion- Here's How
- Gorgeous Spring Hair Color Trends You'll Be Dying To Try
- Flaunt Gorgeous Hair This Spring With Hair Extensions
- Get Rid Of Dull Winter Skin With A Rejuvenating Spring Facial
- Get A Fresh Look This Spring With One Of These Trendy Haircuts
- Using The Right Hairbrush Can Make All The Difference
- Are Dirty Styling Tools Causing Your Bad Hair Days?
- A Healthy Scalp Equals Healthy Hair
- Gorgeous Haircuts You'll See Everywhere In 2023
- Winter 2022 Hair Color Forecast
- Easy Updos for the 2022 Holiday Season
- Bangs- The Biggest Fall Hair Trend of 2022
- Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
- Awesome Men's Styles for Autumn 2022
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App