Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
Admin December 30 2020
The new year is a great time to commit to some hair resolutions that will keep your hair healthy and manageable, especially in our dry Colorado air. At D’Ametris Hair Color and Design Studio, our goal is to help you achieve hair that you love and that’s in the best shape it can be.
Nourish your hair with natural products. The products that you put into your hair can affect the health of your hair. Use professional products that offer natural moisturizers and minerals that add to the health of your hair. If you have colored hair, use color-safe products. If you have dry, brittle hair, use a product that offers hydration and ingredients to repair damaged hair.
Pamper your hair weekly. Now’s a great time to commit to weekly hair treatments specifically formulated to offer maximum hydration and heal hair that has been damaged from dryness, heated styling tools, over-processing, and environmental elements. Your D’Ametris stylists can give you some recommendations on a product that is right for your hair.
Turn down the heat. We may not be able to turn down the indoor heat this winter, but we can control our heated styling tools. Take the challenge to turn down the heat, or better yet, limit the use of your heated tools and embrace your natural texture. There are many hair care products out there designed to smooth or curl your hair without heat. Besides the styling tools, make sure to turn down the heat when rinsing your hair in the shower. Hot water can dry out your hair while even lukewarm water can help to seal the cuticles after washing your hair, locking in moisture.
Shampoo your hair less often. You don’t need to wash your hair every day – 2 to 3 times a week is sufficient to keep your hair clean. Overuse of shampoo can strip your hair of the natural oils found in your hair, causing your hair to dry out quicker. If you feel you “have to” clean your hair more often, look for a dry shampoo that can absorb excess oil and keep your hair fresh in between shampoos.
Schedule regular appointments. Making sure that you schedule regular appointments to keep your hair trimmed and healthy will keep your hair from having dry, split ends and will keep your hair strong, shiny, and manageable in between appointments. We recommend every 4-6 weeks for regular maintenance but if you have color-treated hair, it may need attention more often.
Maintain healthy hair with your diet. We often make a resolution to eat healthier for our health and weight. This also includes the health of your hair. Since our hair strands are made of protein, a diet high in protein and iron-rich foods is essential for strong, healthy hair. Foods high in vitamins and minerals help with hair growth and encourage shiny, manageable hair. Make a commitment this year to decrease your intake of sugars and processed foods and you will see a difference in your hair!
Love your hair. Accepting your hair and not being hyper-critical of yourself will help to give you a more positive outlook overall. Know that your hair was made specifically for you and embrace its texture and style. If you want to change the color, hairstyle, or length, let our stylists at D’Ametris Hair Color and Design Studio help you find a texture, color, or style that embraces the inner you and shows off your assets.
At D’Ametri’s, our hairstylists are ready to give you a new hairstyle, cut, or hair color for the new season! Download our free mobile app, available on iTunes, or Google Play. If apps aren’t your thing, use our convenient online booking tool, visit us at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO, or call 303-274-7838 to book an appointment.
- Get Glam This Holiday Season with Lash Extensions
- Fresh and Fabulous: Top Fall Haircuts You'll Want to Try
- Managing Frizz and Static in Your Hair During Fall Weather
- The Science of Hair: Understanding How Seasonal Changes Affect Your Tresses
- Unlocking Sleek Perfection: The Art of Japanese Hair Straightening
- Fall Style Elevation: Exploring Extensions and Hairpieces for Hair Loss Solutions
- Rockin' Back-to-School Hairstyles for the 2023 Fall Semester
- Expert At-Home Skincare Tips for a Radiant Summer Glow
- Hot Hair Color Trends for Summer 2023: Embrace the Hottest Shades
- Discover the Hottest Summer Haircuts Taking Social Media by Storm
- Get Inspired: 7 Trending Summer Bridal Hairstyles for Your Dream Wedding
- Professional Facials Are Essential To Beautiful Skin
- Lash Extensions Define and Enhance Your Eyes For Effortless Beauty
- Beautiful And Easy Hairstyles For Busy Mornings
- You Can Use Hair Color To Brighten Your Complexion- Here's How
- Gorgeous Spring Hair Color Trends You'll Be Dying To Try
- Flaunt Gorgeous Hair This Spring With Hair Extensions
- Get Rid Of Dull Winter Skin With A Rejuvenating Spring Facial
- Get A Fresh Look This Spring With One Of These Trendy Haircuts
- Using The Right Hairbrush Can Make All The Difference
- Are Dirty Styling Tools Causing Your Bad Hair Days?
- A Healthy Scalp Equals Healthy Hair
- Gorgeous Haircuts You'll See Everywhere In 2023
- Winter 2022 Hair Color Forecast
- Easy Updos for the 2022 Holiday Season
- Bangs- The Biggest Fall Hair Trend of 2022
- Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
- Awesome Men's Styles for Autumn 2022
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App