Fight Fading for Your Color Treated Hair
admin March 25 2019
Now that you’ve got a new hair color, you need new ways to take care of it. When you get color treated hair, maintaining it is crucial to keeping it vibrant and healthy. At D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio, we have a few tips and tricks to make sure your new style looks amazing long after you first get it done. From products to understanding how the elements affect your color, discover just what to do for your color treated hair.
As soon as you have your hair dyed, you need to stay away from the shower for 72 hours. Trust us on this, we’ve seen too many people make this mistake and cause fading. Once the time has passed and you’re ready to wash, there are a few things to keep in mind. Always shower with lukewarm or cool water. Hot water zaps away rich color, so avoid those steaming showers and stay away from regular shampoo and conditioner too. Choose color-friendly products that are sulfate-free and blue or purple colored if you’ve gone with a blonde dye, For unnatural colors that fade faster add a little dye to your conditioner to refresh. Wash your hair using these methods only about two to three times a week for a longer lasting sheen and dry shampoo is a miracle worker for the days you skip.
So now that you’ve got your new shower routine down pat, learn how to care for your hair when you show it off. Heat is one of colored hair’s biggest enemies and you have to guard against all the sources. Invest in a quality heat protectant to use with a dryer and during straightening and curling. You can also get a UV spray to fight fading when out in the sun and hair masks make a luxurious way to maintain your color treated hair whether you go with a store bought one or make a homemade version.
Make an appointment today at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio. Our professional stylists are experienced in the latest techniques to enhance your natural beauty. Find us 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO or call 303-274-7838 to book an appointment. Prefer to book and manage your own appointments? Use our convenient online booking tool or try our free mobile app, available on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Hot New Hair Trends to Try This Season
- Colors for Your Fall Style
- Easy Back to School Styles for Kids
- Updos for Short Hair
- Hair Extensions for Envious Waves
- Styles to Keep Hair Looking Good
- Make Life Easier with Our Salon Mobile App
- The Latest Hair Trends for Your Big Day
- Try Hair Glossing to Get Your Shine On
- Say So Long to Your Split Ends
- How to Rock a Shag Cut
- Fight Fading for Your Color Treated Hair
- Trendy Hair Colors for Spring
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App
- D’Ametris Promises Wedding Hair & Makeup Success
- Keratin Treatments to Smooth Out the Winter Frizz
- New Hair Colors to Warm up Your Winter
- Experience a New You with Hair Extensions
- Protect Winter Hair with Care