Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
admin June 15 2021
For many people, summer means more time spent outdoors. The fresh air, sunshine, and exercise are excellent for your overall health, but overexposure to the elements can do a number on your hair. Sun damage, chlorine and other pool chemicals, and saltwater can leave your hair dry and brittle and your color dull and faded. Thankfully there are easy ways to combat the damage. Here are a few tips from the experts to keep your hair healthy without missing out on all the summer fun.
Get a Trim
You’ve heard it again and again, but we can’t stress enough how important regular trims are for the health of your hair. When you neglect trimming your hair you end up with dry, damaged, and split ends that break, tangle, and frizz. By keeping those damaged ends trimmed away your hair will look and feel healthier, and even appear to grow faster because it’s not breaking off.
Use The Right Products
Just like your wardrobe your hair care routine needs to be updated with the changing seasons. While winter calls for heavy conditioners with tons of moisture, summer calls for lighter and gentler products. You’ll be washing more often to keep your tresses clean and sweat-free, so choose a lightweight moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to keep hair soft and manageable without weighing it down. Once a week use a clarifying shampoo to remove chemical and product buildup and follow with a deep conditioning treatment to help prevent and repair the damage.
How to Protect Hair From the Sun
We know we need sunscreen to protect our skin, but did you know that your hair needs protection from UV rays too? But you don’t want to slather your regular sunscreen on your hair. That would leave you with a slicked-down, greasy-looking mess. There are products that are formulated specifically for use on your hair that block harmful UV rays the same way sunscreen does for your skin. A wide-brimmed hat offers even more protection when you’re enjoying a day outdoors.
How to Protect Hair From Swim Stress
Saltwater and pool chemicals cause a lot of stress for your hair. You can help ease this swim stress by coating your strands with a leave-in conditioner before you jump in. If your hair is saturated with a nourishing and moisturizing conditioner, it can’t absorb as much harmful stuff from the water. And always rinse your hair with cool clean water as soon as possible when you’re finished swimming for the day.
Need some personalized recommendations to help get and keep your hair healthy this summer? The hair care experts at D’Ametri’s will be happy to help. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our convenient online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play to schedule a trim to get the season off to the best start. We’ll see you soon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App