Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
admin November 15 2021
We're already more than halfway through fall, and your hair may already be showing the effects of the cooler, drier air. As we get closer to winter and temperatures and humidity continue to drop your hair will only become drier without intervention. Now is the time to update your hair care routine to head off that winter dryness and keep your hair looking healthy and manageable all through the coming season.
Give Your Scalp An Oil Massage
In the summer an oily scalp can be a problem because of the high humidity, but with dry winter air zapping your hair’s moisture your scalp may not be able to produce enough oils to meet the demand. The results can be a dry, flaky scalp and parched, frazzled hair. Ask your stylist to recommend a hair oil specifically for your hair type and gently massage it into your scalp once or twice a week. Allow it to stay on overnight and then shampoo in the morning.
Shampoo Less Often
Hygiene is important, but frequently shampooing your hair is not the only way to keep it fresh and clean. Over shampooing hair in winter strips it of its natural oils and leaves it dry, brittle, and susceptible to damage. Instead of shampooing daily use a gentle clarifying shampoo 2 to 3 times per week. If your hair is especially oily a dry shampoo can be used to freshen your hair in between your shampoo days.
While you may be opting to skip the shampoo a few days a week, you should never skip the conditioner. Giving your hair a quick rinse in the shower and then conditioning it is another way to keep your hair clean and fresh while also nourished and moisturizing. If your hair is exceptionally dry you may consider adding a daily leave-in conditioner as well.
Treat Wet Hair With Care
Your hair is most fragile and vulnerable to damage and breakage when it's wet. To protect your hair in its most delicate state there are three things that you should not do. When it's cold out don't leave the house with your hair wet, and don't go to bed with a wet head. You should also avoid brushing while your hair is wet due to the risk of breakage.
A few simple tweaks to your hair care routine can help to keep your hair healthy and strong between salon appointments. The hair care experts at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio are always here to serve you with expert styling and hair care advice, as well as salon treatments to keep your hair looking gorgeous all winter long. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our convenient online booking tool, or download our free mobile app, available on iTunes or Google Play to book your appointment today. We look forward to serving you at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Gorgeous Haircuts You'll See Everywhere In 2023
- Winter 2022 Hair Color Forecast
- Easy Updos for the 2022 Holiday Season
- Bangs- The Biggest Fall Hair Trend of 2022
- Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
- Awesome Men's Styles for Autumn 2022
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App