Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
admin July 15 2021
Summer is in full swing and everywhere people are trying to find ways to beat the heat. One easy way to deal with the rising heat is a change of hairstyle. If you’ve toyed with the idea of chopping off your lovely locks for a light and breezy pixie cut but worry you won’t be able to pull it off, keep reading. Here are some tips for choosing a cool pixie that will look great with your face shape.
If your face is square the key to pulling off a super short cut like a pixie is a rounded fringe and layers throughout. This will soften the angles to give your face a slight rounder appearance. Blunt cuts and straight edges should be avoided. They would give your face a boxlike appearance.
A round face shape presents a challenge when going super short. You’ll want the sides and back short and flat with choppy layers with lots of volume on top for a visually lengthening effect. Angled asymmetrical bangs can also help counteract the curves and add some structure.
The features of an oval-shaped face are already in perfect balance, so if you have an oval face you can go wild with any cut you’d like. Take advantage of your freedom of selection and go for a bold and daring cut that will turn heads.
Diamond-shaped faces are very angular. Many of the same cautions for square faces apply to diamonds as well. No blunt edges or straight-cut bangs. An asymmetrical cut with choppy layers and softly rounded wispy bangs will help soften the angles and balance your features.
Long side sweeping bangs will accentuate your cheekbones to visually narrow the forehead and widen the chin of a heart-shaped face. Avoid too much lift and volume on top which will only call attention to a narrow chin, and super short bangs will expose more forehead area making it appear even wider.
For long faces bangs are a must. Longer hair on top swept smoothly forward from the crown and then to the side ending in brow skimming bangs will visually shorten your face to bring everything into balance. Avoid volume on top which will make your face appear longer.
If you still have questions about choosing the right pixie for your face shape, bring some pictures of styles you like and let the expert stylists at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio help you choose the perfect cut to flatter your features while staying cool this summer. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our convenient online booking tool, or download our free mobile app, available on iTunes or Google Play to book your appointment for a new cool summer style today. We’ll see you soon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App