Discover which stylist is the best match for you!
January 29th We officially opened at our TOP200 Salon location
Address:7420 W. 120th AVE
Broomfield, CO 80020
9 miles North off 102th Ave and HWY 287
You're going to LOVE the 1920's Bungalow charm with free parking. Super proud of our team's support and GC's team to restore our property from studs into this amazing Salon in 4 months!!
Visioning summer to fall garden yoga and massage
Excited to see you and your hair!!
Gratitude and health to each and every one of YOU
DAmetris Aveda TEAM!
Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
Admin October 31 2020
Looking for new hair color for the cold weather seasons ahead? You might be thinking about adding highlights, but you’re not sure what to try. You’ve heard about ombre, balayage, foils – but what’s the difference? Today, we’ll help clear up the confusion about different hair highlighting styles and techniques for your fall and winter hair color.
Ombre. Ombre is a two-toned color style that gives you darker hair at the roots, blending into a lighter shade at the end. Its name comes from the French word for shadow because it creates the effect of a shadow on part of your hair. While we see lots of brown-to-blonde ombre styles, it actually works for many combinations of colors, including fantasy colors like blue or purple or more conventional colors like the dark to light blonde or even rich chocolate to red contrast. There are also some variations on the traditional ombre, like the reverse ombre, where the color goes from light at the root to darker on the ends, or sombre, a soft ombre, which has less contrast between the light and dark colors. As you can see, ombre is very versatile and can be personalized so it suits your style perfectly.
Balayage. Balayage is a highlighting technique, not a style. Its name also comes from French and means sweeping, which describes how your professional colorist sweeps the hand-painted color onto your hair for a one-of-a-kind, natural look. Because it’s a technique, it’s not a predetermined shade or contrast, just a way to apply highlight colors to look like they are a natural part of your hair. This also keeps balayage as a low-maintenance option that requires few, if any, touch-ups as it grows out. Because balayage is hand-painted, every head of hair is a work of art, so your look will always be unique.
Hand painting. Hand painting is also a freehand highlighting technique, but it’s a little different than balayage. With balayage, your professional colorist colors the top of the strand, leaving natural lowlights for depth and dimension. Hand painting colors both the top and bottom of each strand, which gives you the look of a soft foil in an artistic, hand-painted style.
Foils. Foils are the most traditional highlighting technique, where chunks of hair are colored and wrapped in foil to cure, making them stand out from the rest of your hair. The chunky highlights trend we’re seeing more of these days is done with foil. They are less natural-looking but create a bold, high contrast look that’s unique and has an intense dimension.
At D’Ametri’s, our hair colorists are experts who can help you choose the perfect highlight style using the best technique to get the look you want! Download our free mobile app, available on iTunes, or Google Play. If apps aren’t your thing, use our convenient online booking tool, visit us at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO or call 303-274-7838 to book an appointment.
- Gorgeous Spring Hair Color Trends You'll Be Dying To Try
- Flaunt Gorgeous Hair This Spring With Hair Extensions
- Get Rid Of Dull Winter Skin With A Rejuvenating Spring Facial
- Get A Fresh Look This Spring With One Of These Trendy Haircuts
- Using The Right Hairbrush Can Make All The Difference
- Are Dirty Styling Tools Causing Your Bad Hair Days?
- A Healthy Scalp Equals Healthy Hair
- Gorgeous Haircuts You'll See Everywhere In 2023
- Winter 2022 Hair Color Forecast
- Easy Updos for the 2022 Holiday Season
- Bangs- The Biggest Fall Hair Trend of 2022
- Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
- Awesome Men's Styles for Autumn 2022
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App