Discover which stylist is the best match for you!
January 29th We officially opened at our TOP200 Salon location
Address:7420 W. 120th AVE
Broomfield, CO 80020
9 miles North off 102th Ave and HWY 287
You're going to LOVE the 1920's Bungalow charm with free parking. Super proud of our team's support and GC's team to restore our property from studs into this amazing Salon in 4 months!!
Visioning summer to fall garden yoga and massage
Excited to see you and your hair!!
Gratitude and health to each and every one of YOU
DAmetris Aveda TEAM!
Are Dirty Styling Tools Causing Your Bad Hair Days?
Admin January 15 2023
How many styling tools do you use on a daily basis? Most people use between 3-5 different styling tools every day- combs, brushes, blow dryers, and a curler and/or straightening iron. Now ask yourself this question. When was the last time they were cleaned? If that’s not something you’ve ever thought about before, you’re not alone. Most people don’t even realize that their styling tools need to be cleaned aside from pulling the hair out of their hairbrush every day, but if your styling tools are dirty they might not be functioning correctly and could even be damaging your hair and ruining your hairstyles. So, let’s take a look now at what you need to clean, why, and how to do it properly.
Cleaning Brushes and Combs
There is a lot more to cleaning brushes and combs than simply removing shed hair. You should do that daily, but that’s only the first step in a deep clean which should be done weekly. After you remove all the loose stuff with your fingers, use something long and thin like a chopstick or the handle of a rat tail comb to slide between the bristles of your hairbrush to bring all of the deep-down debris to the surface to be removed. All that stuff you’re seeing, that’s bits of dead skin, broken hairs, dirt, dust, oils, and product buildup, and it creates a happy home down in those bristles for germs that get distributed all over your hair and scalp when you brush. Aren’t you glad you’re getting all of that out of there? Now fill your sink or a large bowl with warm water and add a squirt of shampoo.
Set aside any wooden or natural bristle brushes and place all other brushes and combs in the sudsy water to soak. When they’ve soaked for 10-15 minutes run any brushes you previously set aside under warm water and add a drop of shampoo. Give them a good scrub all over and between the bristles with an old toothbrush, and then scrub all the others. Give them all a good rinse and then lay them bristles down on a clean towel to air dry. Turning their face down allows all the water to drain from the bristles.
Cleaning Curlers and Flat Irons
Over time product buildup and burned-on oil residue can gunk up the plates, barrels, and clamps of your heated styling tools. This sticky buildup tugs on your hair as it passes through causing breakage and can even cause the tools to burn your hair. These tools are super easy to clean. There are three rules to remember when cleaning electric appliances.
- Always make sure they are unplugged and cool before cleaning.
- Never submerge in water.
- Make sure they are completely dry before you plug them back in.
Once they are unplugged and cool simply wipe them down well with a damp cloth. Add a bit of rubbing alcohol to your cloth to cut through any stubborn buildup. Let them dry and you’re ready to style again. Do this once per month to keep them squeaky clean.
Cleaning Blow Dryers
If you have had your blow dryer for a while, the first thing you should do is take a close look at the vents on the back of the appliance. All of that dust and debris you see clogging the filters is reducing your hair dryer’s efficiency and shortening its life by blocking airflow. To keep your blow dryer working properly you need to clean it at least once per month. Start by wiping the whole thing down with a damp cloth to remove any styling spray and dust. Next, twist off the back cover and remove the filters. If yours doesn’t twist off easily consult your owner’s manual to learn how to remove the cover to clean the filters. Give the filters a gentle scrub and rinse to remove all the buildup. Pat them dry and allow them to air dry completely before putting it all back together. You’ll be amazed at how much better it works!
Now that your styling tools are properly maintained it’s time to give your hair a little TLC as well. Come see the hair care experts at D’Ametri’s for a trim and botanical or keratin treatment to give your locks their luster back. It’s just the midwinter boost they need. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our convenient online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes, or Google Play to schedule your appointment today. We’ll see you soon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Get A Fresh Look This Spring With One Of These Trendy Haircuts
- Using The Right Hairbrush Can Make All The Difference
- Are Dirty Styling Tools Causing Your Bad Hair Days?
- A Healthy Scalp Equals Healthy Hair
- Gorgeous Haircuts You'll See Everywhere In 2023
- Winter 2022 Hair Color Forecast
- Easy Updos for the 2022 Holiday Season
- Bangs- The Biggest Fall Hair Trend of 2022
- Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
- Awesome Men's Styles for Autumn 2022
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App