American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
amemetcalfeabch November 1 2019
Why the consumer seeks out an American Board of Certified Hair Colorists.
As in all professions, the consumer will seek out those certified for their expert knowledge and service excellence.
The title Board Certified Haircolorist sets qualified professionals apart from the masses and establishes a higher level of professionalism and credibility.
This Journey starts with completing the study to be licensed as a cosmetology in your State, then choosing to continue education and training specializing in the chemistry of haircolor. It is an expensive certification, takes a great deal of commitment and time to complete. Not to mention, there is a feeling of vulnerably around showcasing your talent and knowledge to your piers. Yet, it is very rewarding.
Response from Ame Metcalfe A.B.C.H. and co-owner of DAmetris Aveda when asked what she loves about being an Board Certified Hair Colorist ….
‘I love mentoring what I have learned and know about the chemistry of haircolor to empower other professionals in my industry. Daily at my salon with Protégé stylist who are so eager to solve the chemistry equation and Annually at the National American Board Of Certified Hair colorists event in LA. This is an industry-focused annual conference that attracts hair colorist’s, salon owners and managers for 25 years. This gathering of like- minded and passionate professionals develops and supports each other in knowledge of advanced haircolor techniques, chemistry, leadership and customer connection skills”
“I LOVE solving color corrections challenges and seeing the guests smile when she see’s the enhancement of her beauty.”
Ready for your haircolor challenge.
The American Board of Certified Haircolorists
is dedicated to:
- The development of standardized criteria in certification and consistent quality in the professional haircolorist.
- Bringing predictability and ethical professional behavior for the well-being of the consumer and enhancing excellence in customer service.
- Encouraging mentors to share their knowledge with aspiring professional haircolorists.
- Making available to them the confidence needed to excel in their chosen profession by creating opportunity for success and a prosperous future.
The certification of haircolorists has long been a vision of many professionals in our industry. Our goal is to establish a standard by which to judge competence and to acknowledge the level of excellence achieved in haircolor, thus creating credibility in the eyes of the consumer.
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App