Discover which stylist is the best match for you!
January 29th We officially opened at our TOP200 Salon location
Address:7420 W. 120th AVE
Broomfield, CO 80020
9 miles North off 102th Ave and HWY 287
You're going to LOVE the 1920's Bungalow charm with free parking. Super proud of our team's support and GC's team to restore our property from studs into this amazing Salon in 4 months!!
Visioning summer to fall garden yoga and massage
Excited to see you and your hair!!
Gratitude and health to each and every one of YOU
DAmetris Aveda TEAM!
A Healthy Scalp Equals Healthy Hair
Admin December 31 2022
A soft, smooth, healthy looking head of hair is at the top of everyone’s wish list. We invest our money in all manner of treatments and products in our quest for a gorgeous mane, all the time overlooking one very important thing- our scalp! The hair follicles that produce your hair are a part of your scalp, so if your scalp is unhealthy your hair will be also. This is why it’s so important to take good care of your scalp as well as your hair. Here are some tips to help you do just that.
- Massage your scalp daily. Research has shown that giving your scalp a massage every day improves blood flow in your scalp bringing vital nutrients, vitamins, and oxygen to your hair follicles to promote healthy growth. So every morning before styling your hair or every night before bed spend about 5 minutes gently massaging your scalp with the pads of your fingers. Work in small circular motions across your entire scalp. Sneak in an extra massage every time you shampoo your hair.
- Keep your scalp hydrated. It’s well known that to keep your skin healthy you have to keep it hydrated, and this applies to your scalp as well. When your body and scalp get dehydrated hair growth slows or stops. And a dried-out scalp is prone to itching and flakes. Hydrate your scalp from the outside with a moisturizing scalp treatment every week and hydrate your scalp from the inside by doing what you’ve been told to do your whole life- drink at least 8 glasses of water every single day.
- Stop over-cleansing. Your scalp needs the natural oils it produces to keep it healthy and moisturized. Shampooing too often strips those oils away and disrupts the natural pH levels of your scalp and hair. Most people do not need to shampoo their hair every day. Once or twice per week is usually sufficient to keep your hair and scalp clean and fresh without over stripping.
- Use scalp oil. Scalp and hair oils have become quite popular in the hair care products industry, and for good reason. Research has shown that these oils are able to penetrate to the deeper layers of your scalp where they moisturize and nourish hair follicles and encourage healthy hair growth. Choose an oil that is formulated for your hair type and add it to your daily scalp massage just before shampooing your hair as usual.
- Give yourself a hairacial. What’s that you ask? It’s just like a facial, only it’s for your mane. The purpose is to deep clean and detoxify your scalp. Just like having a facial, you can do this once a month. You’ll start with a detoxifying treatment. You can purchase a scalp detox scrub or make your own treatment with 2 tablespoons each of activated charcoal powder, bentonite clay, raw apple cider vinegar, and water. Mix well and apply the mask to your scalp. Put your hair up under a shower cap for 20-30 minutes. Wash out the mask and apply scalp oil and massage it well. Again cover your hair with a shower cap for 20–30 minutes, then use a clarifying shampoo. Finish with a nourishing hair mask to deeply moisturize your strands.
- Protect your scalp from sun damage. Every time you go out without a hat your scalp is exposed to UV rays which can damage this sensitive skin just like it can anywhere else in your body. So give your scalp some shade outdoors with a hat or scarf, and when you won’t be covering your head apply some scalp sunscreen to protect it.
If you give your scalp some extra care you’ll be rewarded with healthy hair. The hair care experts at D’Ametri’s are always here for you to help keep your scalp and your hair in excellent health. It’s our business and our pleasure to make sure you have beautiful, healthy hair. Give us a call at 303-274-7838, use our convenient online booking tool, or download our free mobile app from iTunes, or Google Play to schedule your haircut appointment today. We’ll see you soon at 5760 Olde Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO.
- Get A Fresh Look This Spring With One Of These Trendy Haircuts
- Using The Right Hairbrush Can Make All The Difference
- Are Dirty Styling Tools Causing Your Bad Hair Days?
- A Healthy Scalp Equals Healthy Hair
- Gorgeous Haircuts You'll See Everywhere In 2023
- Winter 2022 Hair Color Forecast
- Easy Updos for the 2022 Holiday Season
- Bangs- The Biggest Fall Hair Trend of 2022
- Professional Hair Care Tips For Healthy Frizz-Free Tresses
- Awesome Men's Styles for Autumn 2022
- Bridal Hairstyle Inspiration For Your Autumn Wedding
- Trendy Cozy Hair Colors to "Fall" in Love With
- Easy, Low Maintenance Hairstyles For New Moms
- Trendy Hairstyles for Back-to-School 2022
- Red Hair Care 101- Why It Fades and How to Stop It?
- The Beauty of Traditional Foil Highlights- Full or Partial
- Nautical Themed Hairstyles for a Summer Beach Wedding
- Enjoy Smooth, Sleek Summer Styles with a Keratin Treatment
- Is Your Conditioner Right For You?
- Should Men Cover Their Grays?
- Balayage Vs Ombre- Are They the Same Thing?
- Things First Time Blondes Need to Know
- Get Unstoppable Shine With Color Gloss
- Handsome Men's Haircuts for Spring
- 4 Little Known Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Your Expert Guide to Rocking Healthy Curls
- Top Kids Haircuts of 2022
- Hot Hairstyles for Kick Off 2022 in Style
- Hot Hair Colors to Rock 2022
- D'Ametri's Gift Cards Make Holiday Gift Giving Easy
- Easy Hair Hacks for Healthy Winter Hair
- Fabulous and Easy Hairstyles for Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Simple Solutions to Boost Your Hair's Volume
- Should You Dump Your Hairbrush?
- Stunning Autumn Hair Colors To Get Excited About
- Fabulous Hairstyles to Help You Transition From Summer to Fall
- 3 Gorgeous Highlights to Brighten Your Late Summer Styles
- Japanese Hair Straightening for Smooth Frizz-Free Hair
- Cool Summer Pixie Cuts for Every Face Shape
- Beautiful Shades of Brunette for Your Summer Style
- Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
- Color Mishaps Happen, Corrective Color Can Help
- 7 Hot Men’s Hairstyles for Summer 2021
- Update Your Look This Spring with a Perm
- Keep Your Hair Nourished & Healthy with Regular Conditioning
- Fall in Love with Hair Extensions this Summer
- Fun Spring Hair Color Ideas
- Haircut Styles You’ll Love in 2021
- Learn Hair Color Techniques and Trends
- American Board Certified Hair Colorists... WHY??
- Naturally Air Dry for Healthy Hair
- Plan Your 2021 Wedding Now with D’Ametris Bridal Services
- Hair Resolutions for Healthy, Manageable Hair
- Men Hairstyles for the Holidays
- Home Hair Care Tips for Winter
- Nutrition Plays a Key Role in Healthy Hair
- Choosing the Right Highlighting Style or Technique
- Enjoy a New Hair Cut & Style this Fall
- Love Your Hair with Hair Extensions
- We Take Safety Seriously at D’Ametri’s Hair Color and Design Studio
- Tips for Protecting Your Color-Treated Summer Hair
- Hot Highlight Colors for Summer
- May 11th Re-Opening
- Top Lob Hair Cuts for Spring
- 5 Bang Trends Dominating Hairstyles Today
- The 4 Secrets to Successfully Air Drying Your Hair
- Don’t Let Hat Hair Get the Best of You
- Flawless Styles for Any Face Shape
- Hair Trends for 2020
- 4 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Wet Hair Look
- Getting the Right Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
- Love the Ease of Our Mobile App